Re: Pavis after Sor-eel?

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 96 22:40 MET DST

Jim Chapin asked:

>It may be somewhere in one of the books, but I haven't been able to
>find it. After Sor-Eel is bounced as Governor of Pavis, who takes
>over?

The question is: does Sor-Eel get bounced after the Cradle incident, or anytime afterwards before the White Bull massacre in the city?

If you wanted to punish a functionary with connections to the top (Sor is a cousin of Jar, after all) for a failure to retrieve an interesting, but in no way essential trinket (the Cradle) wouldn't you send this someone on a remote outpost, like frex. Pavis?

Given Sor-Eel's connections to the Pavis underworld, he might even have survived the nomad attack hiding in the Rubble. After all, some assassin bought time upon the entry of the victorious warlord.

Looking at the staff present in the Pavis box, I can see no successor in place. The only character sufficiently ambitious is found in Balazar afterwards - a certain Halcyon var Enkorth.

Is it possible that Sor-Eel manages to redeem himself by getting Pavis married into the Lunar pantheon?