Garhound Horseplay

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1996 00:55:57 +1000

G'day all,

Garhound Horseplay

Joerg ponders:
>The Garhound Orlanthi seem to have horses as well, though why they do and
>the Sun Domers don't, is a mystery to me. They definitely live outside of
>the grazing area of the Pol-Joni.

The Orlanthi who settled Garhound came out with Duke Dorasor from Sartar in 1550, and brought their horses out with 'em; the Sun Domers were already there,

and had given up their horses in the face of nomad agression long ago (though the various horse gifts and geases remained as a sort of quaint anachronism). As they're a conservative bunch, the Sun Domers have not got back on horseback yet in any meaningful way, though it is said that the militia leader Rogar has recently mounted his file. However, the fine gilded chariot which Count Solanthos is wheeled around in on holy days is still pulled by burly Templars (with the horse gifts/geases) instead of horses.

Cheers

MOB