[none]

From: richardc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 15:12:48 +0100

Ingo says:
>I will do in the near future (i.e. next year)
>a special ralios issue of Tradetalk. Therefore
>I'm searching for adventures and articles about
>this special theme.

I have some notes on using Corolaland as a start- ing point for beginning players with Western characters.
_
In my campaign Corolaland was the name given to the narrow strip of land on the western side of that line of mountains which forms the third side of a triangle the western Rockwoods and the Mislari mountains.
The Westerners who lived there were colonists, descendents of people who fled the wars at the fall of the Godlearners' Empire. Obviously they lived a precarious existance between the trolls of Halikiv and the Orlanthi of Saug and Delela. (Actually I based them on the Anglo-Scotttish borderers of the 16th century).
                                               .
I know from private communication that Jonas Schiott has a very different view of Corolaland. To him it is a pagan, Orlanthi land. This is fair enough - though I couldn't find an explicit statement to that effect in G:GCOTHW.
Does anyone know exactly what the "official" status of Corolaland is? If it is a third Orlanthi kingdom (after Saug and Delela) I can still write in the colonists as beleaguered settlers with Orlanthi lands. Alternatively I can write up Corolaland as a full-blown Western colony in its own right.
Also what area is taken up by Corolaland? As I suggested, I see it as a narrow strip of land hugging the weatern edge of the mountains. Jonas, I think, sees it extending
further into the middle of the East Wilds. Any input would be appreciated as I would like to contribute to Tradetalk if possible.
Richard Crawley
richardc_at_sypte.co.uk