Fethlon Jungle

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 22:30:32 +1200

Anthony Bushell:

> 3 Cities which have been abandoned by the Teshnans, and reclaimed
>by the jungle have been taken over by the Yellow Elves. They have not
>cleared the cities, simply moved into them.

When do you think these cities were abandoned? After the Closing or the Early Third Age are good possibilities. Of course outsiders will be interested in the ruins.

However Yellow elves do not dominate the forsts like the other elves do. Although they may be strong in Sacred Groves in and around the cities, I do think that the ruined cities would be occupied by bands of twisted evil hsunchen who have grown strong on the auras of eldritch magics that permeates the very air. These foul creatures are the unnatural leaders of the Beastmen. Of course looking at some of the demons of Indian Mythology may be helpful (and avoid TSRfied versions where possible!).

> 5 The Teshnans are in the unenviable situation of having to buy
>off the Embyli with the payment of tribute

Although 'twas Sandy's idea, the Teshnans call such payments a stipend. Such terminology implies that the Elfs are Vassals. Of course the Teshnans have no cause for complaint as these vassals do an exemplary job of keeping the Evil Cannibal Two-headed Horse Demons of Kralorela from besmirching the land of Teshnos.