Orlanth the Outlaw

From: David <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 18:36:58 +0800

        I think that the Lunars do NOT outlaw Orlanth worship per se, but do outlaw the worship of certain banned sub-cults, hero cults, and associated cults, and also outlaw worship ceremonies led by outlaws. In Sartar, for example, they outlaw and strenously suppress Orlanth Victorious, but are quite happy to encourage Orlanth Rex - providing your tribal chief is not an outlaw. I'm sure they think Barntar worship is quite acceptable. In Pavis, Orlanth worship is permitted - but not Orlanth worship led by the outlawed Orvost Tintalker. And at the same time they also have missionary programs and incentives for Lunar cults.

        Cheers

                David