Sheng be one bad man

From: BiturianV_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 00:38:06 -0400

I gotta go up to Seattle, Pam's country, briefly, and grab a U-Haul truck and move down, and my good intentions of meeting Pam and other Gloranthan Seattlites aren't likely to manifest given the speed of my travels, so here's a quick comment in reply to Pam before I go...

I said: > The reason Dara Happa no longer looks like Assyria/Persia is that Sheng Seleris came in and
destroyed most anything he found standing.

Pam said:
I don't agree. It seems to me that Sheng had a thing for the Red Moon in particular. He _really_ persecuted Torang and maybe Naveria, so there may have been a lot of physical destruction there. But although Sheng sat on top of DH, I think the mythic path of greatest power for him would have been to rule it, not destroy it. Milk it for POW, money, slaves, whatever, but I just don't see him levelling the place.

*(*(*(**(
For what it's worth, Greg's view of Sheng's occupation of the area is *worse* than levelling it. He did his best to metaphysically destroy it. When The Fortunate Succession speaks of Sheng's dominance as a period of Kazkhurtum, the empty sun, it means darkness at noon, demons everywhere, the Gods Wall covered in mountains of filth and magical blasts, etc.

Hmmm, maybe I can write a little more about Sheng when I get back.

Rob