Larval broo

From: Paul Honigmann <furfur_at_furfur.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 20:30:39 +0100

Lewis Jardine writes:

>5) But if you subscribe to the "normal" pregnancy theory one has to
>ask:
>a) How do broo mate successfully with males?
>b) How would a sterile creature like a vampire produce an "egg" to be
>fertilized?

  1. Well, one of my players woke up after being mugged in the forest with a sore bum. As the game went on I dropped hints... 'you have a craving to eat coal'... 'you are having violent mood swings today'... 'you have an enormous appetite'... 'you seem to be putting on weight'... he never twigged until we re-enacted the scene from 'Alien' where it burst out of his abdomen. (We used a cuddly toy in front of the other players.) Unfortunately he did not survive the birth.

See: http://www.furfur.demon.co.uk/rqmemo18.htm for gory details.

b) Shortly after this I read in, I think, Elder Secrets that broo inject a larva into a host (like a wasp) and the host can even be a dead, festering body! The larva eats its way out, absorbing genetic material from its 'mother' even if Ma is dead.

Paul Honigmann