The Shocking Truth about Simony!

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 13:07:21 +1200

Pam Carlson:

>(Though I must admit, I have no idea what "Simony" means. Do I want
>to?)

They hunt down these little boys called Simon and do unspeakable things with a goat to them...

Seriously, Simony is the purchase of holy sacrements for Money. It stems from a tradition in which Simon Magus, a roman magician, attempted to purchase from St Peter the secrets of the holy spirit. Later Simon attempts to fly in front of Nero and plummets to his death as a result of a prayer by St Peter.

>Where have I missed the accounts of orgiastic Pentans?

Er. I was referring to the worship rites of Pentan Shamans which would be like most shamanic rites everywhere AFAIK.

David Boatright:

>Who is Quivin the Fire god ?

The lord of the Quivini Mountains in Sartar. I only listed him as a fire god because he was described as the Son of Lodril. He was conquered by Vadrus but released by Orlanth at KeroFin's pleading. I'm not really sure what his cult is like and it could be more like Kerofin's.