Tribal suppression in Sartar

From: Ingo Tschinke <tschinke_at_nord.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 12:04:13 +0200

Hi,

in the last few issues we seen a lot of methods how the lunar occupation may have worked in the time of lunar occupation. I agree with most of the arguments that the lunars are mostly center in the city with their suppression. IMO the suppression works mostly through the lunar game of divide and reign. After Starbrow rebellion the lunars have given support to most pro lunar tribes. I didn't see the tribes as a whole front of anti-lunars. IMO the lunars have used the the old clan and tribe feuds to divide the tribe, for example the allow the tribe of Cinsina to raid the Culbrea tribe to hold the Culbrea (as one of the most rebellious tribes) down. After starbrow rebellion the Culbrea tribe got very weak - they lost their King, Hofstaring Treeleaper, and a lot of tribal warriors. The population of the Culbrea decreases to half after Starbrow rebellion. Furthermore they have IMO to suffer under more oekonomic suppression as pro lunar tribes so they have no time to take for rebellious activities for more then 10 years at least. They have defend their own country against raids, have to plant crops to feed their people and so on.
IMO the Culbrea wouldn't care if it was forbidden to preform the ceremony of 'Weapontake', if it was forbidden to carry plate armour and many more. They have to take care for the survivial of the whole tribe.

Ingo

RuneQuest - Society                  Ingo Tschinke
tschinke_at_nordwest.de                 Schevemoorer Landstr. 33
Free INT - RQSociety_at_aol.com         28325 Bremen/Germany
http://members.aol.com/rqsociety/welcome.html RQ Society discussion forum - RQSoc_at_nochet.demon.co.uk