Time before time

From: klaiberl_at_cips01.physik.uni-bonn.de
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 96 10:07:17 +0100

Oliver asked about opinions what exactly was setting apart the time before and after the Great Compomise. IMO you have to think "Dreamtime" before the Compromise. Events didn't follow each other in a temporal but in a contextual way. Everybody was somehow part of somebody's Hero- or Godquest all the time. On the other hand, the Brithini seem to had had a way of timekeeping even before the Compromise, so maybe the transition to time as we know it (or nearly as we know it) was more gradual than the myths want us to believe. The ubiquity of the Beginning of Time as a turning point of history even in cultures not concerned at all with the sun, implies there was more obvious effect to it than let's say to the birth of Christ or the conquest of Mecca.
                              Bye, Jonas