Prax Tax -- how much?

From: Neil Smith <NSMITH_at_dmu.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 17:43:36 GMT

Prax Tax

The continuing discussion on the taxation policy in the Lunar Empire has persuaded me to introduce it into my campaign. But what is a reasonable tax rate? What levy would the Lunars impose on a typical Praxian clan living in Prax?

Of course, those clans that have not sworn allegiance to the Lunar Way will be taxed more heavily (double?), and contributions to the Seven Mothers are tax-deductable!

In an attempt to answer my own question, if we assume the "standard" tax rate is 10% of income, the average Praxian ends up paying about 60L per year, or about one food animal. Does that sound reasonable?

Neil.