Machine City

From: David <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 14:17:19 +0800

>I'm struggling at attempting to find information on the Machine City &
>Zistor; there's references in the RQIII Glorantha box (sorry, never can
>remember it's proper name), King of Sartar and TrollPak. (If there's
>more than this, I've failed my research skill and should be beaten
>soundly about the head and shoulders).

        I'm pretty sure its also mentioned in the old Different Worlds special Mostali issue. I don't think you really deserve a beating for missing that, though (I think that means you just scored a normal success rather than a special). I think that might be the source of references for Mostali intervention, which I definately remember reading about somewhere long ago. The dwarves are largely responsible for the current state of the Machine City - the destroyed most of it after the inhabitants were killed, and then trapped what remained, with acid, gremlins, and various other terrifying Mostali creations.

        I think if Orlanth was involved it seems logical the Orlanthi were as well, probably from Heortland. The God Forgot inhabitants were allies of the Machine City. I don't think you would have got Yelmists in the area. I was under the impression that the Waertagi were defunct by that point, and its only later they return, but there are better sources than me for the finer points of God Learner history.

        Cheers

                David