Time and the Compromise

From: Richard Fenner <rfenner_at_island.islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 96 12:20 PST

Just some random thoughts for the people discussing Time. I haven't discussed this with anyone so they're rather undeveloped.

I think that Time and things like cause and effect did exist before the Great Compromise, but that no one really noticed them. "People" (before death) in the
Golden Age probably had one day looking very much the same as all the other "days" of their life. I know when I get busy I can forget details or the exact series
of how events transpired so cause and effect may take some sorting out.

Perhaps the people in that era were uninterested innoticing events around them because of their devotion to Yelm or their place in the world. The result is that
while cause and effect happened, no one might have cared.

Similarly, what does time mean to someone who is not going to die? By the Brithini culture and the Dara Happan records we can deduce Time DID exist. It just wasn't something that really mattered to people, until they had to face the concept of their own mortality, thus the perception that the Great Compromise created Time.

Any communications/media person will tell you perception IS reality.

Just my two-bits.