Re: Time v. Causation

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_gsidanet.danet.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 96 10:12:39 EST

> David also offers an interesting comment: "I have always assumed that the
> Compromise was the straw that broke the GodTime's back, forcing a symmetry
> breaking in the Time dimension." I'd like to know what cosmological
> symmetry he means.

The symmetry between time and space. I.e., time is just another spacelike dimension on one side of the break, and seems like Time (big T) on this side. I was assuming that the Compromise wasn't a post-event explanation of a spontaneous symmetry breaking, though I imagine that the Westerners will will say that it was after the start developing String Theory.

Before this event, one can find Glorantha-equivalents to photons with long time-like loops, as well as those with large space-like loops. And no infinitely long, very massive, rotating tubes required.

There, the future is just a spot that all the participants haven't arrived at, yet, in all four (or more) dimensions. Yet, if Chaos doesn't interfere, they can see it from a long distance in the time dimension, as well as the space dimension (as we can, now).

(Wow! This has the added attraction of explaining why the participants of I Fought We Won start off unable to see anyone else, as the Chaos was preventing even normal sight from working over more than a few yards. And I just thought of it now! Thanks, folks)

On this side of the break, everything is close to RW-ordinary, if one neglects the effects of HeroQesting. One big "if", granted.

BTW: My impression of HeroQuesting is that it can function like traveling on the Highway, and getting off at unmarked exits, in Roger Zelazny's Roadmarks. Is this anywhere near accurate, or have the dragons in the book just acted as a red herring? Anyone?

> Chris Lemens, God Learner.

David Weihe - I'm not an Outer Atomic Explorer, but if this goes on, I may end up playing one on the digest. Well, after months of reading all the Post-Modernist, Deconstructionist, Structuralist, commentary here from people with evidence that I can't get, let alone have, or have read, it is rather nice to get one back. :-)