ack! NOOOOO!!!!!

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt Comp) <"Daniel>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 11:09:36 -0800

>Chris Lemens threatened...
>>...and propose to initiate him as a God Learner (which ought
>>to completely convince the rest of ye ignorant backwater heathens that >he
>>is
>>wrong).

Arkat Preserve me from the evils of Illumination! (sic)

That the Godleaners had powerful knowlege, I cannot deny. But Creating a monomyth out of the vast and confusing landscape that is the GodPlane is obviously a very bad Idea. The GodPlane is the way it is for a very good reason, and really oughtent be messed with. That doesn't preclude investigation... just tampering ;-)

and as an aside -- I really don't think that the Orlanthi retelling of godtime events is the most reliable source from wich to draw the conclusion that there were regular days and nights. These are verbal myths, retold over generations, and are VERY likely to have modern details like "one day" or "for many months" added in along with "That evil pompous scum Yelm" and "those Baby-Eating chaos slime furriner Looneys" (okay so I havn't seen a reference in KoS to the second -- But many an In-Character recital of the myths HAS contained it.) I maintain that Yelm spent the vast majority of the Golden age on his throne in the center of the sky, and only very rarely decided to wander even close to the horizon. That Ignorant Hill Barbarians refer to days and nights only means that they weren't around then, and don't know any better. "Whadda ya mean I shouldn't say days and nights??? You sayin Grampaw ThaneSlayer told it WRONG?!!"