Perfect! (almost)

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt Comp) <"Daniel>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 09:52:01 -0800

A wonderful description of my Ideas on the compromise.

>From: Bryan John Maloney <bjm10_at_cornell.edu>
>
>Theodoric Garhound: Uncle Davis sent me to talk to you, Storm Voice.
>Ingvi Garhound: (sighs) What is your question, this time, Theodoric?
>TG: We learn that there was Time, and there was not Time, but we also learn
> that things happened when there was not time. How can this be?
>IG: How can I say this--ah! Lisen to me and listen well: Before there was
> Time, everything that happened was done. After there was Time, not
> everything that happened was done. Go and meditate upon this.

HOWEVER... I cannot imagine a Storm Voice telling a young thane to "Go and meditate upon this"... maybe "Now go get drunk, like a good lad -- and don't forget to remind your uncle of the Cow he owes Orlanth from that last raid."

David Cake misunderstands (through MY fault, not his) my statement that tampering with the GodPlane is a bad idea... I ment bad Idea in the sence of "dangerous" and "a really good way to get your entire civilization smashed to teeny bits" not in the sence of "there's nothing to be gained from it."

Chris, my tutor in God Learnerism responds to my Arkati prayer (a quote from a really horribly twisted little Orlanthi/Arkati/Psychotic/Uziphile character I played for some time) with a picture of Arkats role in the Reformed Church of GL. To wich I can only reply: Arkat (as the first God Learner) only cared about the GodPlane to the extent that it could provide him weapons to defeat his enemies. He only ever learned what he needed to wield new powers, and in the end nobody could figure out wether he won or not... so there! :-p

danm