trivia topics

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 13:57:48 +1200

Pam Carlson:

>He probably also talked
>to the Shargashi priests in Alkoth, whose regime had survived the entire
>Darkness intact, (even actively guarding Shargash's dead body).

You mean the planet came to rest in Alkoth? I don't think so[*]. Anyway the Manimati have got a far superior claim to having a regime that survived the Great Darkness than the Alkothi IMO.

[*] Oh, alright. IMO Shargash was a Great Hero who protected the land of Henjarl throughout the Kazkurtum and after his death, the Red Planet returned and rose into the sky. If the Darjiinians can say that the Sun was Manimat returned, then I have no problem with the Alkothians saying something similar wrt to Shargash.

Michael Raaterova:

>Before Arachne Solara created the Web everything had to be done by
>an active agent to happen. If nobody did it, it didn't happen.

Please describe an event which is caused by an inactive agent in a timely world. Then ponder on why I feel such metaphysical labels adds nothing to glorantha.