Re: Separation vs. Death

From: Bryan John Maloney <bjm10_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 12:29:00 -0500 (EST)

> you had to do to kill someone was use the power death on them. I thought it
> was still the power of Separation, and was wielded by Kargon Tor?? So what
> does/did separation do to people??

Glorantha, by and large, has a somewhat Platonic view of life, that is, a living thing consists of a noetic identity, often called a "spirit", that enhabits a physical vessel, most often a "body". Thus, the separation is the complete separation of spirit from body, identical to "death" in the typical Gloranthan view of things. Since Glorantha is very heavily entrenched in the Western (Earth) philosophical tradition, it only stands to reason that this view would predominate.

Shamans do not completely separate when they discorporate--just a reminder.