Re: Chronological Time and Mythic Time

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_gsidanet.danet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 96 18:56:50 EST

> explanations are concerned. Chronological time is straight, it
> stretches out in an infinite, evenly measured line ahead of you and
> behind you. It never starts. It never ends. It is a measuring device!
> New things are always happening in Chronological Time. Mythic Time is
> circular, repetitive, it happens again and again. Nothing new ever
> happens in Mythic Time.

So, since nothing new ever happens *last* year, last year is now part of GodTime? And since new things were happening back in the days when Yelm and Orlanth were competing in various ways, that was chronos time? At least in those days?

This does end the problem of having to ask Gonn Orta and Androgeus all sorts of tricky questions about the nature of Time vs time, which is good (especially if you're Androgeus, being pestered - no wonder Gonn Orta usually just stays at home, anymore). OTOH, this seems to go against published HQ rule attempts, which do differentiate between the effects of changes "made" while questing in 1 ST vs questing two "years" "before" that.

Not criticizing, just pointing out some consequences. It's not like *I* wrote any of them, after all.