(pre-Jenarong Pelorian) history is bunk

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 14:43:08 +0800

>The chronological pattern is more complex but since we don't know
>how Daxdarius defeated the Blue People or whether he was before
>or after Urvairinus (This is an area of major scholarly debate
>within the Lunar Empire FWIW).

       ...which could mean that Peter and I found conflicting sources all of dubious veracity and gave up trying to settle on an answer ;-) - the Elmexdros Rolls (and the later Unity List) are clear on where Dax fits into the order of things, but they are of dubious origin and are not claimed to be authoritative on order.

>I do think the Lunars are unlikely
>to resolve this because Plentonius has mixed up the order of
>several emperors.

        Only the order? :-)
        Yes, while I think Peter and I agree that there was AN answer (we
are not for a moment suggesting that they were all Emperor in the same timeless moment or any such God Learner nonsense) from a limited number of inacurrate biased sources its pretty hard to work out what that answer is, and this goes for pretty much most things before Jenarong. I.E. Plentonius says Manimat is an Emperor, the Darjiin sources say Manimat was a dynasty, or perhaps a dynasty named after a god. Both may be wrong in that they may never have been Emperors of Raibanth. Or not.

Lastly, someone said
>this seems to go
>against published HQ rule attempts

        but remember, all the heroquest rules so far are wrong. Or at least judged lacking. Which is not to say that you shouldn't play around with them, but they I wouldn't read much into what they do or do not say.

        David