Days & Nights in Godtime?

From: Lewis Jardine <jardine_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 16:40:17 +0000

Saravan wrote:

> Time. IMO most Sartarite hillfolk don't even measure events from five
> hundred years ago in such clearly defined ways. They say it happened long
> ago in the time of X king/hero/chieftain. They remember lines of genealogy
> and kinglists by heart, but I don't think they cover the exact number of
> years they reign or how old their great-great-great-great-grandmother's
> brother was when he killed the chaos demon over the hill.

I totally agree

> Just because they don't remember the number of years or seasons or whatever
> does not mean that they believe that there was no Time five hundred years ago.

I agree

> They would still think that "back then" they lived through days and nights and
> seasons and years.

Yes

> This quite possibly applies to their view of the GodTime as well.

Not if they believe their mythology.
Remember that Yelm going to Hell is the model for Days and Nights. He had not gone to hell before he was killed, thus no Nights. The Dawn is straight after the Great Compromise and is taken as the start of ST (and the end of GodTime).
I would argue that the Orlanthi belief has no days and night in GodTime.

Cheers

        Lewis

PS> However, I am prepared to believe that there were periods with less light
when Yelm was visitting far flung places rather than being directly overhead.
But Orlanthi would not regard these as Nights.