Re Orlanthi Age (fwd)

From: Majordomo <major_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 22:46:59 -0500 (EST)

Forwarded message:
From: Wesley Quadros <wesleyq_at_icebox.iceonline.com> To: owner-glorantha-digest_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu Subject: Re Orlanthi Age
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 18:20:16 PST

Nick Brooke Writes:
>Maybe not dying from it, but Orlanth takes over as leader from Umath when
>Umath gets so old and weak he's unable to do it himself (cf. KoS Orlanthi
>Mythology, IIRC). There's no implication that Umath is wounded or crippled
>by anything other than age, I believe.

I don't mean to start my first post on this digest by slapping somebody down but hey! Here goes!

P.62 if KoS specifically says that Umath stepped down because he had been wounded too many times to continue leading the gods; though I agree with everything else you said.

As a person just starting to get in to Glorantha and reading KoS for the first time I think that the argument(martin laurie i think) about time before the dark did exist but the stories were distorted by time sounds about right.

Wesley

"Hit nearest friend for critical damage? Should I include the true sword? Oh...what about the damage boosting? Oh....And the strength bonus? Um....My sword does double damage to humans....Is my nearest a friend a human? Oh....Where can I get my nearest friend resurected?