God Learner Meddling

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 13:14:14 +1200

Michael O'Brien:

PH>>Did the God Learners' mythical meddling only affect the areas that they
>>could mundane-travel to?

>Excellent point! The GLs effected Glorantha's mythic landscape much in
>the way RW humans today can use (and misuse) technology to affect ours.

[environmental analogies deleted - although one nit: Greenhouse effect and CFCs are seperate effects: CFCs -> increased UV emisions whereas Greenhouse -> getting warmer]

While the point is valid, I don't think the byproducts of god learner meddling had specific effects like cause a new god to instantly appear in the mythology of some barbarians. It is more likely IMO that their meddling would have caused the nature of the spirit world to change (eg the winds of dragon pass mysteriously became weaker) and the barbarians spend 10-15 years in relious turmoil trying to figure out what the hell is happening.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #295