Loki the Still-born

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 23:32:25 +1100

G'day all,

An unfortunate but necessary addendum to the RQ Con Down Survey recently posted:

Loki the Still-born

For the fourth time running, one Loki the Unsworn failed to turn up and run his tournament at a convention. RQ Con Down Under was to be his big chance to prove to everyone he wasn't a total flake. I was warned by others who had been previously burned and I regret that I didn't heed what they said. Now I see that Loki is not just a flake, he's a flake with chips, dim sims, potato cakes and a side order of pickled onions*.

Despite his phone call the night before promising to be there "first thing", after his no-show at the con Loki never even bothered to apologise, nor did he offer an excuse, however lame. I'd understand if he'd been hit by a truck or abducted by aliens (though I'd want to see the saucer), but apparently he just couldn't be stuffed.

I apologise to everyone who had put their names down to play in his Call of Cthulhu tournament, and strongly advise anyone organising a con out there to give Loki the Still-born a clear berth.

Regards,

MOB *for those of you perplexed by this reference, 'flake' is what shark meat  is called in Victorian Fish & Chip shops.