the once and future list owner

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 19:32:32 +0000

"Erik Sieurin" <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se> writes:
> According to all the old published material, the List Manager has
> ALWAYS been Loren Miller. Why can't we keep things simple? And,
> no, I won't accept the argument: "But in the real world, List
> Managers ALWAYS change now and then. They get a new job. They
> marry. They get children." The Internet isn't the real world!

The Glorantha Digest certainly isn't the real world. I'll agree with Erik there. But you should fill in the "Who is the List Owner?" section of your "what my father told me" like this.

    Who is the List Owner?

    The List Owner is the chosen one of Issaries Goldentongue who     labors to bring us the discussion we crave through the medium of     the list, though secret and sacred duties such as "hacking     digestification code", "flushing mail queues," "installing http     indexing code," and "chowning old digests". All these duties are     performed in the quiet and dark of night. Sometimes, the List     Owner has been called Andrew of the Bell, other times Henk Long     Field, other times Loren the Miller's Son, and Shannon Apple.

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> A priest, a rabbi, a Penn student, and an elephant walk into a bar. The bartender says, "what is this, some kinda joke?"

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #3