Re: Anonymous Posting

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_erzo.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 1996 22:37:33 -0800

>This group is not moderated. However, I believe that if you do post something
>here - regardless of the content - it is only common courtesy to admit who you
>are, and pretty gutless to hide behind an anonymous address. This is a bad
>precedent for the Glorantha Digest that I hope will not continue.

Quite. That's why I've added the following rule #4:

  4. No anonymous posting, please. Don't say something unless you're ready

     to stand by it.

I was almost ticked off enough (not by the content of the message, assuming it's factual, but by how it was sent) to start digging through the list of all the anonymous servers in the world and banning them. I finally decided that would be an exercise in futility, however, due to the fact that any halfway competent computer user can easily forge an anonymous message with an arbitrary address.

So, I leave it to the users of the the Glorantha Digest to remain adult enough (as they always have been in the past) to stand by what they say. I trust that'll be the end of the issue.

Shannon