News Story

From: Peter Michaels <pmichael_at_vt.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 10:52:20 -0500

Yikes!

I'm shocked, concerned. and saddened by this news. I sincerely hope Oliver is innocent.

Unfortunately, in today's Washington Post there is an article reporting that two more women have come forward to say that "on-line conversations led to meetings". While this in itself doesn't mean anything, I think it does show that the media is interested in making news out of whatever happened, and I wonder about the possible ways the story can be used in the various debates about the Internet and/or people who play RPGs. The article can be found online at:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPlate/1996-12/10/049L-121096-idx.html

Peace,

     Peter
     pmichaels_at_aol.com