Hypocracy?

From: Martin Laurie <102541.3423_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 11 Dec 96 13:00:15 EST

Jim Chapin comments:
>1. I was rather amused that Martin Laurie and MOB, who between them have
>provided us detailed accounts of necrophilia, coprophilia, murder, incest,
>disembowlings and various kinds of human sacrifice, as well as mild flame wars
>over both Onslaught and the Vadeli, can join hands in finding, respectively,
the
>nature of the posting and the type of the posting to be in "extemely poor
>taste." Guess it proves Nat Hentoff's point that everyone favors some kind of
>censorship.

Jim's pointing out the possible hypocracy in my irritation over the printing of Non-Gloranthan scandal on the digest. In reply:

(1). Any accounts of rape, torture etc that I have written have been for in-game reference and are, for me anyway, attempts to imagine the unpleasant side of the lozenge which must exist given examples in the RW and therefore should be explored to give a fuller understanding of the way Gloranthan societies work. In the RW, such subjects have about as much interest to me as having my bowels ripped out by a charging elephant.

(2). At no point in any of the lengthy flame wars over such subjects as the Vadeli did I or any of the other protagonists reply to a posting as "anonymous".

(3). The annoyance I felt at the report was based on its non-Gloranthan content and its the poor taste of discussing someone elses business (a REAL person, with a life, loves, family and cares) on this list. Just because its public knowledge it doesn't mean that its okay to publish that kind of crap on this list but then I'm not the worlds greatest fan of the media anyway.

I'm not up for censorship which I hate in any form but theres such a thing as acting with honour and fairness to ones fellows and thats something I believe in most strongly. Its not on to make any discussion on this list personal or about a persons day to day life.

So lets try and forget this and get back to Glorantha.

Martin Laurie