Glamour Central

From: Michael O'Brien <michael.obrien_at_actf.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 15:01:00

G'day all,

Glamour Central

Danny Bourne, esteemed member of the 4th Estate:
>To try and get a Gloranthan line from this, how do the Lunar Empire spread
>propoganda from Glamour central - do they use broadsheets (given that most
>Orlanthi/Praxians can't read) or Gim Gim type people.

I heard that Lunars went ahead with an extensive propaganda leaflet campaign in Sartar some years back. Because most Sartarites can't read, a bright young bureaucrat in the Imperial Propaganda Office argued that leaving the sheets blank would substantially reduce printing costs and enable the department to meet the strict efficiency targets imposed under the current 7 year Plan.

Given that the campaign inadvertently coincided with a widespread outbreak of Malia's Bottom, it was a great success with natives across the country gratefully thanking the Lunars for providing them with quantities of urgently required toilet paper.

Code of Hammurabi

Pam writes:
>Well, as background for my Dara Happan campaign, I did a bit of digging
>around on "Assyria Online", among other places, and came across a copy
>of the Law Codes of Hammurabi. As charmingly detailed, inflexible, and
>brutal as they were, I figured that just had to be Dara Happan.

Yes, yes! Trevor Ackerly and I also used these laws, in our university roleplaying society's "Club Campaign" years ago. The campaign was set in and around a Yelmic city (that later mutated into SUN COUNTY), and Hammurabi formed a surprisingly workable legal code. We also threatened to use the "pitch 'n swim" thing to resolve cases.

What's Gone On...

Nick provides a detailed response to Matthew Saroff's question:
>"What's going on with RuneQuest and Glorantha?"

Nick, this was an excellent summary of the turbulent times of RQ! If this was archived somewhere or put up on a web page, people asking such questions in future could be referred to it.

Cheers

MOB