ODing Chaos?

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 23:23:17 +1200

Timothy Byrd:

>Now, we see discussions of the mating strategies of the
>vadeli, and more supplements are dedicated to Chaos than to
>Compromise. What's happened? Has everyone ODed on Lovecraft or
>something?

The Vadeli are evil and revolting but they are not chaotic. The last major releases in Glorantha was the Western Special, the Praxian Specials of ToTRM, Book of Drastic Resolutions and the books about the mythology of Peloria. Only one of these would I consider to be a dedicated chaos supplement.

>Now there's a quote to warm the heart of the mass media... What if
>some investigative reporter searched through the Glorantha Digest
>archives looking for juice? Yikes!

Give them the finger. I refuse to censor myself merely because some outside person might see me as odd and/or perverted.

>For my game, I don't want to "get into the head" of a disgusting
>chaotic thing, nor do I want my players to. I rate that about as
>highly as I would rate having a neighbor who can think just like
>Hannibal Lecter.

But you do want to have credible and interesting foes, do you not? You don't want your enemies to be one-dimensional cardboard cutouts so what's wrong with trying to provide interesting motivations for them?

>OK, now that I'm done venting, I have a question for everyone. In
>your game, if the players were going to clean up Dorastor, how could
>they go about it?

Roll the Tobros Mountains over it. It's the only way to be sure.