A history of Runeqest

From: Matthew Saroff <msaroff_at_erie.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 10:44:54 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

        In listening to the history of Runequest, it see,s to me that the worst thing to happen to the game was its sale to Avalon Hill.

        If Avalon Hill is not going to RQ 4 because of "problems", it seems to me that they might be willing to sell the rights to a group who would be willing to develop the game.

        If a bunch of people got together and bought the rights and notes from AH, and then set up a reasonable licencing agreement with a game publisher to finish development, publish, and distribute the game for a small royalty (some like ... I don't know... maybe Chosium?) this would be a good thing.

        Of course, I really don't know what AH would need for this purchase, does anyone out there have any idea as to how much this would cost?