Elves as veggies

From: Graham Wren <wren_at_fortwhyte.mb.ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 11:07:45 -0600

I took the view in my campaign that the writings describing Glorantha were taken from people of the times. That is, the ideas reflect the knowledge level of the person telling the story, not the "truth" in a 20th century science sense. So if the Sartarite writing about elves believed that they were plant-people, that was written as true. Until the player characters became deeply involved in elven life, which was off-limits to humans anyhow, they would also believe that line. To the GM and players of elven characters (if we ever had any, which we didn't), the truth would be that elves were close to humans, genetically. Half-elves were possible, but unheard of (thank the stars!). Even Mostali were mostly human, but there was no way any stinking human would ever learn that!
I was fortunate that my players never felt the urge to play anything but huamns and ducks. I don't fully understand the attraction of playing most odd races, and I am stunned that anyone would want to play a spawn of Chaos! I think you are not making your chaotic races horrible enough, if someone would consider a broo as an appealling race to play!