Medical Practices

From: John H. Schmidt <schmidtj_at_intrex.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 16:49:56 -0500

   I just read an article recently that the University College Hospital in London is experimenting with the use of maggots to assist in the healing of wounds when conventional treatments have been unsuccessful. Specially sealed bandages containing around 200 maggots from the greenbottle fly are applied to wounds such as ulcers and pressure sores to feed off the dead tissue leaving the wound clean and healthy. The article stated that on average, 100 maggots can eat 10 to 15 grams of dead tissue a day.

   Since maggots along with leeches, molds and fungus have such a strong darkness connection, I imagine they would make an ideal trading commodity for Argan Argar traders. I figure this type of healing would be the preferred method of non-magical healing for the Xiola Umbar cult, but would a Chalana Arroy healer use "darkest" remedies to assist in healing.