Status of Rules list?

From: Peter Maranci <pmaranci_at_sunspot.tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 17:18:55 -0500 (EST)

        I realize this is off-topic, but there's nowhere else to ask. Has anything been heard about the status of the RQ-Rules Digest? Given the sudden flux of activity on the subject, it seems to me that the list is very much needed right now. Particularly since it seems that the net will be the only source of new RuneQuest material from now on.

        If Avalon Hill isn't going to publish RQ anymore, it's a pity that a consortium of gamers can't purchase the rights and make it freely available on the net -- although of course copyright restrictions would probably make that impossible.

        On a more on-topic subject, can anyone tell me if a font of Gloranthan runes exists for DOS/Windows? According to David Dunham's page, the fonts available there include TrueType and PostScript fonts, but since the files are packed Mac-style I haven't been able to get them. In any case, the RQ font file keeps turning up empty after I download it.

        I'm looking into creating a TrueType font of the runes, but if the work has already been done I don't want to waste my time.

        One more thing: If anyone would like to be automatically notified when material is added to my RQ web page, please drop me a line with your email address, or check the option on the new guest book.

-->Pete

Editor, Interregnum RPG/Science Fiction APA/magazine -- email for info. Interregnum WWW home page: http://www.tiac.net/users/maranci/index.html My RQ Page: scenarios + more at http://www.tiac.net/users/maranci/rq.htm