Dorastor Cleanup Project

From: Arkat_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 22:52:04 -0500

Tim Byrd inquires....

>OK, now that I'm done venting, I have a question for everyone. In
>your game, if the players were going to clean up Dorastor, how could
>they go about it?

Ok...
First...Kill all the nasties or most of them anyway

Second...Have a ton of Earth Priestesses (Ernalda and Maran Gor) cast some Blast Earth spells backed with thousands and thousands of magic points (you'll need just about an entire nation of people to sacrifice enough magic points) so EVERY bit of plant life dies. Once the earth in Dorastor dies, everything else will follow.

Third...(this step has to be completed in less than a year cuz that's how long it will be before stuff starts to grow back and if it isn't done in time, the stuff that grows back will be chaotic) Only when everything else is killed, dig up all the parts of Gbaji buried there and find a way to bury them in the Block somehow.

Fourth...once all of the above is done, start planting and enjoy a cleansed land.

Alternate but similar and grosser method but willl probably work better:

First...kill as many of the nasties as possible first.

Second...cast as many Blast Earth spells backed with thousands of permanent POW points. My theory is that if POW is sacrificed, the spells will work better by destroying the earth's potential to grow anything permanently.

Third...dig up the Gbaji parts and get rid of them.

Fourth...wait a loooooooong time. Long enough so that absolutely nothing can live there. Make it like the Dead Place in fact.

Fifth...find a way to reverse the Earthpower spell and have a nation of people sacrifice thousands of more points of POW to put back into the earth and bring it back to life.

Sixth...start planting and enjoy a cleansed land!

I think the second method is probably the only way to be sure (like nuking it from orbit <-----Aliens reference) that EVERYTHING will die including chaos in Dorastor.

Just an idea.

John Brown
Arkat_at_aol.com