Lunar propaganda

From: Bill.McKinley <Bill.McKinley_at_mailhost.dpie.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 15:30:01 +1100

                      Lunar propaganda                             13/12/96

>BTW- is there a common coinage? Or do sultanates and provinces mint
>their own? Perhaps they can mint copper coins, but not gold ones? Or
>maybe the Impire controls all the mints, but has them in several
>sultanates?

I should think that there would be several mints, but all of them would be located within the Empire proper. As a result, the coins circulating in out of the way backwaters like Pavis would tend to be older, and there could even be shortages of currency.

Of course, people that do business with the occupying forces tend to be paid in newer coins, which is why you shouldn't pay for your drink in Geo's with shiny silver Lunars.

I would expect that there would be occasions when the local authorities would issue their own coinage to supplement the supply of Lunars. (This thought is inspired by early Australian history, when Spanish pieces of eight were used in the young colony because of the shortage of British currency).

On a related coinage question: is there a smaller denomination of Sun County currency than the Wheel? If there isn't, how do you purchase small items? Or is Sun County predominately a barter culture?

Cheers
Bill

The views expressed here are mine, and are not those of the Australian Government.