Rune Masters

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 12:15:35 GMT

Peter Maranci <pmaranci_at_sunspot.tiac.net> he wanna know:

> A subject that I've never seen covered adequately in RQ/Glorantha
> material is the qualifications necessary to be a Rune Master. I'm
> wondering because an idealistic (read: naive) Orlanthi character that I'm
> playing believes that he's doomed to walk the Hero Path, and so must
> attempt to become a Rune Master: both a Rune Priest and a Rune Lord.
>
> Unfortunately each role precludes the other. According to the
> RQIII Cults Book, "A candidate for Rune Lord may not be a shaman, a
> sorcerer, or priest." (page 19).

I would say that if you want to ignore it you may. I do. I have a Lhankhor Mhy character in my campaign who wishes to become the equivalent of the old Sword Sage by becoming both a Priest of LM and then a Wind Lord of Orlanth. She has begged permission from both cults and has been told that if she can qualify for Acolyte (needing all those mastered Lore skills!) then she can become a Wind Lord if she qualifies for that (as it happens she has acheived the needed qualifications for Wind Lord first). She will never be allowed to become a full Priest but that's fine by her.

Treat it as a special case, a privilige that is sometimes granted by friendly cults for unusual candidates.

AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop of the Far Isles Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistando (Resistance is Uslesss) Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #16