Excommunication, and also formatting

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 15:18:39 -0500

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>The God will _know_ whether the accused have lost faith or done
>wrong. He is not told this by mundane informers in their prayers
>but _feels_ it. If the accused did unspeakable things with a
>headless corpse in the temple of Thanatar (where Orlanth cannot
>reach) then the moment he steps out of the temple, the god knows.
>If the accused has not broken faith, then the excommunication spell
>is _ineffective_ no matter what the Priest believes (perhaps he was
>lied to by a Trickster) or what he has told the God.

I have no problem with any of this, but it isn't in the (pardon the expression) rules. It also makes it impossible to ever excommunicate an Illuminate, right?

Stephen Martin:

>All that being said, since the minimum required number of people
>expressed interest (one), I have just de-formatted my cult write-up.

Yup -- in fact you're deformatted it so much that I can't read it.

See, the line breaks are wrong, so some lines consist of single words and so forth.

Could you repost it without deformatting it quite so much? <g> It did look interesting.
- --

Dueling Modems                                  http://www.dm.net

"Any given person is an aberration"
        Michael Chary