Re:Formatting

From: richardc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 15:11:50 +0100

Slightly off subject but as I've often had problems with large text items on this list (Gimgim for example) I thought I'd post my quick fix for the occasional-one-word-per-line problem.

Copy and paste the offending article into a word-processor

Use whatever find and replace function to replace all the paragraph marks with some character which doesn't appear in the text (I used ">")

The document now consists of a very long line liberally studded with > characters.

Most of the real paragraph breaks in the original Oakfed write up were marked by double returns so now you can replace them by using the same find and replace function to replace all double occurences of your inserted character with paragraph breaks (returns).

A few extra returns added manually either side of the headings and you are just about there.

Hope this helps.

Richard Crawley
richardc_at_sypte.co.uk=20