Dwarves/Chalana Arroy

From: simon.phipp_at_walshwestern.com
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 16:48:46 +0000

Mark Mohrfield writes:

> When I pointed out that the Elder Secrets of Glorantha supplement stated that
> Dwarfs were not descended from Grandfather Mortal, Sandy replied
>
>>It lies, or at least, it doesn't tell the whole truth.

As I only recently joined the Digest, I was not aware of this. But now I know - thanks. I don't particlularly believe it, though, since dwarves are immortal as long as they stay loyal to their castes (but so are Vadeli and Brithini, hmm, time to rethink what being tied to the Man Rune means - does it mean that you are mortal and will die of old age unles you are particularly clever, or does it mean something else entirely).

Chalan Arroy

Arnold Andersson asks:

> I have a question regarding how a Chalana Arroy Priest would
> react to being killed (assuming that she gets resurrected ASAP).

Depends on the Healer. One fun thing to do is for her to ask one of her Wind Lord friends to go over and "sort the killer out", after all, Wind Lords have no namby-pamby restrictions on who they can kill and anyone who kills a healer deserves all they can get.

Healers can invoke the Curse on those who kill them, either causing all Healing to be half as effective as normal (Heal 2 heals 1 point) or preventing all Chalan Arroy healing from working on the violator.

Most healers are adept at herbal remedies and can make life a misery for foolish adventurers (nothing will cause damage or death, but there are many bowel-loosening potions for instance which can be administered by a friendly healer).

Healers need not be nice, gentle people - I imagine the worst kind of Chalana Arroy Healers as being like Hatty Jacques (almost certainly not the correct spelling) as Matron in the Carry On films - acting on the principle that it may hurt now, but it will do you good in the end. A vindictive Healer can be quite nasty in her own way.

Excommunication

Carl Fink asks:

> I have no problem with any of this, but it isn't in the (pardon the
> expression) rules. It also makes it impossible to ever excommunicate
> an Illuminate, right?

Yes - great isn't it.

You have to get the boys around and sort them out. More good scenario hooks.

Simon Phipp
Back in the land of the living