Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #23

From: Stephen P Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 22:41:24 EST

>From: simon.phipp_at_walshwestern.com
>Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 16:48:46 +0000
>Subject: Dwarves/Chalana Arroy
>
>Mark Mohrfield writes:
>
>> When I pointed out that the Elder Secrets of Glorantha supplement
stated >>that Dwarfs were not descended from Grandfather Mortal, Sandy replied

>>>It lies, or at least, it doesn't tell the whole truth.

I disagree completely. I don't think this is just propaganda -- they are a different order of matter, intelligence, and magic. I think that perhaps most Mostali were not even man-shaped. Or, they are this shape because it is the most efficient shape for an intelligent being.

Greg even told Ken Rolston and I (when we were working on Lords of Terror) that ELVES are not really descended from the Man Rune, that this is a God Learner explanation for them. If elves aren't "human", I really doubt that dwarves are!