Humakti fleeing Death?

From: Martin Laurie <102541.3423_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 18 Dec 96 15:58:45 EST

Brian McKinley asks:
>But my question is is: would a Humakti really ride far away to Harandash to
avoid >death? Or would he welcome the meeting, recognising that his/her time was

>obviously over?

IMO a Humakti would welcome Death as long as it was a Death that followed the path of Humakt. ie a Humakti would not be happy at being killed if he was going to slip in a dog turd in his garden and impale his head on the rake.

If a Humakti was told "tommorrow you will die leading the charge of the Immortals that will break the enemy army in two and insure everlasting glory for you name and god." then I think he'd be grinning from ear to ear all day, waiting for it to happen.

Death is the ending that should come to all but dying properly is utterly important to the Humakti. This is one reason why they seek out conflicts and wars, do dangerous jobs and perform heroic tasks.

The same holds true, though for different reasons, for a Shargashi. Death is a good thing to them because it completes part of the cycle of Life-Death-Life that they see in Shargash everyday.

Martin Laurie