Jandetin and Aiming

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 11:27:27 +1200

Joerg Baumgartner:

[The Seven of Orlanth's ring in 1625]

>Two more were Jandetin the Avenger and Anstad of Dunstop, so that all human
>nations of Dragon Pass were involved with their (future) leaders.

I thought Jandetin was involved in that he 'dances as the sun' in a counter-ritual in grazeland to send the Orlanthi Heroquesters in Heaven so they can disrupt the Lunar Ceremony. I do not think he can be one of the members of the Ring for he is a Solar rather than an Storm worshipper. Similarly the attempt to make a correspondance with KeroFin's necklace would mean that Mularik Ironeye would have to be represented. This is tricky to say the least.

What I do think Jandetin was famous for *now* was the murder of King Moraides which was some time later and triggered the Tarshite Civil War and the invasion of Tarsh. Jandetin's 'dancing as the sun' would then refer to a magic to make his horseman invisible so they could kill the Evil King.

Saravan Peacock:

>My problem with battle magic spells is: how are the offensive ones aimed?
>Presumably it's a point and shoot type thing, but how do you ensure your
>disruption hits the broo fifty metres away rather than the Storm Bull
>maniac who is freziedly trying to chop it to bits?

Intent.