spells

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 11:27:23 +0800

>My problem with battle magic spells is: how are the offensive ones aimed?
>Presumably it's a point and shoot type thing, but how do you ensure your
>disruption hits the broo fifty metres away rather than the Storm Bull
>maniac who is freziedly trying to chop it to bits?

        Consider that spells cannot generally go astray - they either hit or accomplish nothing at all. I think its basically a line of sight type thing - the spell instantly crosses the line of sight towards the being you are looking at (if line of sight is interrupted momentarily, you delay the spell momentarily, if its interrupted for a significant period of time, the spell dissipates and fails).

        Cheers

                David