Languages

From: Alain RAMEAU <Alain_RAMEAU_at_total.fr>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 15:21:18 +0100

     Bonjour !

     I am trying to list all languages spoken in Glorantha, as identified
     in Genertela supplement and in various other supplements (in particular
     the various NPC languages skills). I agree it in a long task (never
     ending one may be ?). I will add this list when finished (?) on my web
     pages dedicated to RQ (see address below).
     Any ideas will be welcome !

     The related alphabets could be also an interesting study.

(Note that the Assyria on-line web site a digester referred to (for
Hammurabi law code, available there) also provides the old-assyrian alphabet and languages to be learnt, which is very interesting and may be used as ideas (similar alphabet and language for Pavic for example ?). In GoG prosopaedia, there is a table for pronouncing the names of the gods. Prosopaedia says "commonly accepted" pronounciation. But which language it refers to ? Theyalan ? Or in each related pantheon language
(Firespeech for Yelm pantheon names, Darktongue for Troll pantheon
names, ...) ? Any opinion ? Alain. My web page is at http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ARameau ------------------------------

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #28