Yu-Kargzant/Writings

From: Nick Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 14:24:12 +0000

 As for all of this Yelmic discussion, this is my interpretation of the Grazer Sun God, Yu-Kargzant.

Dastal the Hunter (Yelm the Youth)
Hyalor Horsebreaker (Yelm the Warrior)
Sun Rider (Sun Lord)
Fire Rider (Yelm Imperator)
Henird the Leader (A shaman caste; do these exist in Grazer society?) Josad the Elder (Yelm the Elder)

 I think that Jardan is a seperate cult. I also think that Hyalor may just be a sub-cult of Arandayla. Note that when you reach the level of Sun Rider you are no longer associated with another deity -- this would indicate the honor of some form of direct contact and link with Yu-Kargzant.

 Is there a version of Yelmalio in Grazer Myth?

 As for Antirius; I think he is a seperate cult in his own right, and not part of the Yelm hierachy. His cult seems far too distinct and seperate from Yelm in GRoY. He seems to be a being in his own right. Plus, can "common" people join Antirius? This may provide some link to the Dara Happans unable to join Yelm because of their lack of noble blood.

Alain Rameau writes:

> I am trying to list all languages spoken in Glorantha, as identified
> in Genertela supplement and in various other supplements (in particular
> the various NPC languages skills).

 Big task. For your information, there is a short listing of languages in an archive located at the address below:

ftp://cs.utexas.edu/pub/op5/gadbois/

And click on the appropiate RQ file (it's zipped BTW). Also, there was a short piece on Runic Writing by Bryan Maloney circulating the Net. This may (or may not) be of use.

Happy Valind's Day everyone,

Nick E.
Nick the Broo Shaman of Thed
http://www.personal.u-net.com/~eff