Uz & Drugs

From: Michael O'Brien <michael.obrien_at_actf.com.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 10:33:00

G'day all,

I apologise if this has already appeared. I mailed the original post last Friday, but it ain't shown up on the Digest yet. As several others things from me have, I suspect gremlins somewhere in cyberspace are to blame, probably something to do with our temperamental server here...

Uz and Drugs

Jen Piatek via James Frusetta writes about Uz and drugs:
> My girlfriend happens to be a geologist and has a few thoughts on rocks,
> Uz and drugs; since she doesn't subscribe to the digest, I'll throw 'em
> out.

Bloody excellent this stuff!

I particularly like the part about rusty iron being the Uz equivalent of cocaine. I imagine iron-heads have senstive, sore and stained fingers and mouths from this life-threatening vice, which is after all a dangerous poison. I wonder it does to their insides?

> poor trolls or slaves might have to enjoy the mild buzz of limestone
> rather than the tasty treaty of a salty slushy. The Uz cigarette, if you will.

Working class trolls chewing on chips of limestone all day long, yeah! (Hey, trollish cigarette packets must look just like the boxes of chalk we had at school! Did you ever pretend a stick of chalk was a fag when you were a kid? Then imagine taking a bite out of it!)

Just like tobacco, there must be deleterious health effects from too many limestone sticks. Would the rock gizzard calcify or something? I wonder if 'Death' brand limesticks (that Zorak Zorani smoke/chew) have a health warning on them?

There's MGF potential aplenty thinking about what troll junkies are like!

Cheers

MOB

>From the Notes From Nochet files:
(XXIX.2121.rec.humour/SunDome)
Q: Why do all Sun Dome people have brown eyes and blonde hair? A: "Cos those who ain't get "Total Celibacy".

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #35