Sacred Time Greetings

From: Beyke, Maurice A <mabeyke_at_ingr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 08:00:07 -0600

Hello, all. Since I didn't receive a digest today, I decided to start the ball
rolling by sending a note.

First, I want to say that I, for one, am enjoying (and am finding game enhancing
material) in both the drug thread and the Gloranthan sky/Dragon raising dance/
Sunstop thread. Maybe I'm weird, but both of these will tie into my game.

Speaking of the Dragon Raising Dance, does anyone have any info about who
this Olaront Dragonfriend gut is? Very little is said about him in KoS; is there
anything about him in any other published sources? My PCs are in the thick
of the Purple Guy's plotting to stop the consecration of the Temple of the
Reaching Moon, and are currently on a quest for him to get a draconian artifact
to aid the summoning. In fact, my wife's character, an Issaries peddler, has
had the hots for Minny (as she calls him), and has managed to seduce him,
so any personal info about the Grape Sage would be welcome also (I have described him as Sean Connery in "The Rock", before the trim).

Which leads me to another point. My current gaming group consists of three men (including myself) and four women (three couples, plus a uncoupled female friend). I find myself in a position I've never been in
before, with twice as many female players as male, and having my GMing skills (meager as they are) stretched to accommodate. Never before have I had so many requests for physical descriptions, including details of dress and grooming, constant requests for romantic liaisons, great combats
bypassed by bribery, skullduggery, and negotiation. I must say, it's more fun
than I've had GMing in a while, but I would welcome any and all advice from
anyone who has been in similar circumstances. As well as physical descriptions of various Gloranthan luminaries.

Anyway, I will close with wishing all digesters a festive and blessed Yule, and
wish a special blessing on Loren and all our List Managers of Yore, and wishing luck to Shannon in taking up the torch.

Happy Holidays
- ----
Boris