Kargzant and Olaront

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 14:52:26 +1200

David Dunham:

>Isn't Kargzant the Lightfore planet? Kargzant showed up erratically during
>the Darkness but was eventually discerned as being regular and on the
>Sunpath.

Sounds plausible. Although I note that Avivath is said to have loosened the knot of Antirius. Consequently I have this impression of a ghost of a planet being freed from Hell and rising up to inhabit Kargzant.

Boris:

>Speaking of the Dragon Raising Dance, does anyone have any info about
>who this Olaront Dragonfriend gut is? Very little is said about him
>in KoS; is there anything about him in any other published sources?

No. Stephen has said that he might be Forang Farosh. However he nevers leaves Tink so I find this implausible. My guess is that Olaront is the person whose body Forang stole. In the spirit cage (designed by the EWF), he is exposed to and transformed by the draconic energies that contain him. Eventually he breaks free (perhaps with ouside assistance) and possesses the body of a herd man.

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #37