Why Purple?

From: Beyke, Maurice A <mabeyke_at_ingr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 08:38:20 -0600

Boris here. Hopefully without the line wrap problem this time.

In v4 #37 of the Digest, Jane Williams asks:

>>Any hazard as guess as to why "Purple"? My vague ideas have him,
>>in hsi younger adventuring days, spending all his share of the loot
>>on expensive clothes when the rest were buying armour and spells.
>>(Purple is an expensive dye). But where does that leave our
>>diary-keeping friend from KoS, Minaryth Blue?

I've been waiting for this question. I've thought for a while that this is another of Greg's puns, and keep waiting to hear of Minny taking on a bunch of young scribes, the New Writers of the Purple Sage, as it were.
- ----
Boris